Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Blue and Green

This granny stripe blanket was one of the earliest things that I made a few years ago when I hadn't quite worked out how to crochet properly.


Knowing that each treble has an extra chain has bugged me since then so recently I decided to head down the recycling yarn route again and unpick the whole thing.


When I looked at the colours all wound up in mini bundles I noticed that I'd chosen two colour groups for the blanket, one blue/green and the other pink/purple.


Initially I didn't have any plans for the yarn but I soon settled upon having a go at solid granny squares again, but this time using a different colour for each round.


I chose to use the blue and green colours only and I've made a batch of squares of six rounds each, with a view to adding a lighter colour around the edge of all of them, perhaps white, lemon or cream.


Coincidentally whilst working on these squares I came across a pattern for multi-coloured solid grannies which completely transforms the overall look of them. I'm currently incorporating this pattern as well as working in all the pesky ends.


There's a saying that goes something like 'blue and green should never be seen' but I think that the colour combination is both lovely and very restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment