Friday, 14 October 2016

Squirreling Away

Throughout the year I've been squirreling yarn away so my stash is growing nicely. I have things in mind for some of it but not all of it.

I've bought some more Knit Picks Stroll Fingering for socks...


...in these gorgeous colours...


...Big Top Hand Painted, High Tea Tonal and Northern Lights Hand Painted.


I've also bought some more Boyes 100% Mercerised Crochet Cotton in rich cream and iced pink shades. It is destined to be turned in to doilies and filet crochet but I might come up with some other ideas. I'd quite like to try one of these pretty shelf edgings or something similar.


I love how bright these Stylecraft Life colours are. My plan is to use them to make the Circles of the Sun Mystery CAL 2015. Yes, I'm a long way behind the rest of the crochet world and my plan might change given that I've already got a couple of blankets on the go.


I've also got some more Rico Superba Circus, in Turquoise Mix and Salmon Mix, for yet more socks unless I come across something else that takes my fancy.


I really splurged out here on some Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk. It's absolutely gorgeous and so soft against the skin. My plan is to try to learn how to knit with more than one colour and to make a lovely pair of patterned mittens or gloves. If I manage to make it that far then I might go for a matching hat too.


My last yarn is Stylecraft Senses Lace which I bought with the intention of making a shawl. There are a few free patterns on Ravelry that I like, the Butterfly Stitch Prayer Shawl, the Mediterranean Lace Shawl and the Lacy Pineapple Shawl.


So I'm spoilt for choice and I've got plenty of ideas to keep me busy once I've finished everything else that is currently in my crafty pipeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment