Friday, 8 July 2016

Doodling in Crochet

In April and May I was so inspired by all the pink tree blossom that I wanted to create my own crochet motif to celebrate the time of year.


I was particularly inspired by this tree and wanted to try and incorporate...


...the small circular lemon centres,...


...the deep shade of the buds waiting to pop open and...


...the paler, delicate shade of the blossom once it has fully come out.


After much experimenting I've come up with a double flower which I'm happy with and moved on to turning it in to a square.


More on the next stage another time.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Can't wait to see the next step:)
    Happy Days,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm finding it difficult to be decisive but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

      Delete
  2. I recently commented on Ravelry about your pretty crocheted flowers, but I just now found my way here through a link on someone else's blog. It's great to see the inspiration for the pretty flowers. And what a beautiful blog! I'm looking forward to exploring it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Becki, hope you enjoy looking at some of the other things that I've made.

      Delete