Friday, 20 May 2016

Colour Blocks Update

I last wrote about this blanket to be in November when I'd started to add cream to the colour blocks because I thought they looked a bit heavy on their own. Then they got put away over Christmas and socks and other things took over. 


Last month I was going to start on a Frida's Flowers blanket but didn't want to make the plain hexies so got the colour blocks back out again to work on instead. I may not make Frida's Flowers at all as I've gone off it a bit because I looked at it for so long before the patterns started to come out and I'm also a bit worried about keeping an even tension on such big shapes. I'm going to wait to see how everybody else gets along and maybe just make a cushion or something smaller with my favourite designs, which aren't released until towards the end of the CAL in August.

Anyway, I've laid the colour blocks out, moved them around numerous times and finally started to crochet them together at last.

In the meantime I didn't want to waste the pale peach and other odd squares which will be left over so I've turned them in to a little something which may end up as a cushion front or back or yet another cat blanket.

For the edging I used # 45 from Edie Eckman's Around the Corner Crochet Borders.

2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous blanket, especially love your edging.
    Greetings from Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi to you there in Australia! Thanks for your comment, I love making borders because they really finish off a blanket.

      Delete