Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Winter Wonderland

I'm amazed that there are only a few more weeks left of what has been a thoroughly grey and miserable Winter for us so far. On the plus side lots of cloud cover and storms blowing through has meant virtually no frosts and milder temperatures. I can count the number of times I've worn thermals on less than two hands, whereas in other Winters I've practically lived in them. I first noticed daffodils out in the last week in January, yes January! Also starting to flower during the same week was this tree (photos taken yesterday) which normally starts to blossom in March! So nature really is out of kilter at the moment with Spring and Winter on the go at once. I hope that Spring continues to win through and that the sunshine stays too.

No comments:

Post a Comment