Sunday, 15 November 2015

Colour Blocks

I've finished unraveling the blanket which I wrote about here and have been busy turning it in to these squares. 


Whilst I've seen them referred to elsewhere as solid or elmer granny squares, I'm not sure what to call them so colour blocks will do for now.


These little blocks soon pile up when you make a few here and there. Before you know it, you've got enough of them to make a blanket.


But when I laid some out on a table doubt crept in about the overall look. I decided that it was too heavy and needed something to break it up a bit.


So I went out and bought five (just to be on the safe side) balls of cream yarn and have started to add another round to each square.


Although I made squares in soft peach, I'm leaving them out now because they're too similar to the cream.  (I've also not used the mocha, grape or lavender which were included in the original blanket.)


That looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment