Friday, 2 October 2015

Spice of Life CAL

I've completed part three of the Spice of Life CAL, first mentioned here, so I'm about a quarter of the way through my stripey along blanket. The different stitches make a lovely change to plain trebles, although my tension is pulling in a bit at the sides even though I consciously tried to make my doubles and chains bigger. I'm hoping like mad that a bit of blocking might sort that out.


I've left out a few rows here and there to make the blanket a little shorter and, rather than turning it every second row, I've started from the front by using standing stitches at the beginning of each row. This seems to be working out alright for me but does mean that there are lots more pesky ends to weave in.


I'd better get on and deal with them and then I can look forward to the next section, available on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I hope it won't get unravelled in a few months:)
    Happy Days!
    JEnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should ask as I'm wondering whether to start again to see if I can rectify the pulling in at the sides. Better to do this sooner rather than later if I'm going to be happy enough to continue with this. I'll get something right first time one day...

      Delete