Monday, 24 August 2015

Seal Spotting

We went to the beach last week when the weather was lovely and warm and the tide had fully gone out. It's the best time if you want to go rock pooling in what's been left behind. 


Plenty of people had buckets and fishing nets at the ready hoping to find something in the puddles of sea water. I didn't go rock pooling myself because I was on the look out for something far more special than a limpet or a crab.


On the way I encountered this lovely yellow plant bobbing about in the breeze. I've no idea what it is but it looks lovely against the blue sky.


It's a long time since I last jumped across these rocks and I found that I had to be careful as I moved from one rock to another.


I came across lots of small rock pools as I made my way towards the sea, including this one which was quite deep. I wonder what is lurking in the bottom of it?


At last I found what I was looking for, seals! I was so excited as I've never seen them here before. This one was quite happy sunbathing on a rock...


...whilst others were determined to cling on to the remains of a rock somewhat submerged in the sea.


But my heart melted completely when this seal looked directly at me whilst I quickly took a picture.


I hope that the seals make this area their home and become a regular sight around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment