Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Floral Stars Blanket

With some of the left over yarn from my granny stripe blanket I started making some squares using the star pattern in Granny Squares: Over 25 Creative Ways to Crochet the Classic Pattern by Stephanie Gohr, Melanie Sturm and Barbara Wilder.  I've renamed them floral stars because they look more like flowers than stars to me.

Cuppa Crochet

At first I made multi-coloured squares then moved on to making plain squares which I prefer. 

Cuppa Crochet

I spent quite a bit of time deliberating about whether to make cushions or a lap blanket and decided on the blanket. Don't ask me why because I've already got quite a collection!

Cuppa Crochet

I double crocheted the joins together using different colours for each row like I did when I made my midsummer flower blanket.

Cuppa Crochet

I used #73 from Edie Eckman's Around the Corner Crochet Borders for the edging with a few adjustments so that it wasn't as bulky.

Cuppa Crochet

I bought the colour bright pink to include in my granny stripe blanket however it was just too bright so I didn't use it.  I have used it in this border to get rid of some of it but I still think it's too bright!
 
Cuppa Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment