Years ago I was given a box of Anchor tapestry threads intended to be used to make small knitted items which never materialised. I came across the box recently and thought it was a shame that I'd never got around to doing anything with it so decided to use some of the threads to crochet a pair of Cherry Heart fingerless gloves.
I started making these gloves in early December but they turned out a little gappy looking because I was still crocheting incorrectly. Whilst I'd realised how to crochet properly before starting on the button band I had to keep the gappy body of the first glove because I didn't have enough thread to re-make it as well as another glove.
These gloves are a bit draughty on their own but add a layer of warmth and colour when worn over the top of a pair of normal gloves.
Given that I hadn't crocheted these gloves properly, I didn't spend a lot on the buttons which I finally picked out and sewed on to each glove not long before the new year. (This picture looks odd because my camera can't recognise colours properly in artificial light!)
I fully intend to return to this pattern and have another go now that I know how to crochet correctly.