Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Sunny Bunny (Part Two)

Last week I posted pictures of the first bunny that I made with Sarah Youde's pattern called Sunny Bunny and here I am again with another one.


This bunny was made on 2.75 mm needles and double knitting weight yarn and like the previous one it was so tighly knitted that the stuffing didn't show through at all.


This time I followed the tights and shoes version of the pattern but I still made the legs smaller and a bit longer than instructed. Although a bit fiddly I used a pin hole cast on to make them bottom up and get rid of the gap that I didn't like underneath the foot.


The main reason why I made another rabbit was because I wanted to try knitting a stranded dress inside out and in the round, all part of my efforts to eventually tackle Fair Isle. My small circular needle was a bit big but I managed to make the whole of the patterned part on it before I switched to straight needles for the top of the dress.


I didn't notice to begin with that the pattern didn't match up correctly when finishing one round and starting another and I've since learnt that I should have used the jogless jog technique so that's something new to have a go at in the future.


I made up the dress pattern and needed seventeen pattern repeats to go all the way around; four pattern repeats are shown in the picture.


I think I'm ready to have a go at something other than bunnies now and have looked for patterns but not found anything I really want to make just yet. What I'd really love is a good book so I'll have to keep an eye out.

2 comments:

  1. Love this bunny. I'm going to make two, one each for my grand daughter and grand son. I have knitted a Christmas stocking and now got another to do. Your on my friend list on ravelry.com andI'm Suehb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Sue, your grandchildren will love them and you'll really enjoy making them. I'd like to make a stocking too but maybe a little bit closer to Christmas. In the meantime I've got loads of wips on the go and I'm trying to get out of the habit of starting too many new things at once.

      Delete