Thursday, 1 June 2017

Cheap Blocking Solution

I decided last week that I really must invest in quite a sizeable blocking mat, it's something that's been on my to do list for a while but I've always been put off by the prices that I've seen.

When I looked again I found that play mats for children popped up on Amazon and some of the reviews were posted by knitters who had used them with success for blocking. Being considerably cheaper than craft blocking mats I was poised to buy a set. They were cut in jigsaw pieces just like the craft ones but weren't as deep so I didn't go ahead.

Earlier this week when blocking was still at the back of my mind I was shopping and noticed some children's play mats at two prices, 12 jigsaw pieces for £6 or 24 pieces for £10, and they were 10mm deep just like the craft ones so I took the plunge and bought a pack. If they melt with the heat of blocking because they are a different material to craft blocking mats well I've only lost a fiver I thought.


I placed a towel on top of the mats before I unleashed my steam cleaner and I'm pleased to say that they didn't melt. So I'm one happy bunny as I can now block away to my hearts content and I don't feel ripped off at the same time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment