Friday, 21 April 2017

Quick WIP Around

I thought I'd go on a quick whip around today to show off my WIPs.

My Frida's Rose Garden blanket is looking very colourful and on the whole I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. There is very little work left to do so I'll have to see if I can cross this one off the list soon. I've really enjoyed working on these flowers and I'm keeping an eye out for a new Janie Crow design to replace this with.


Here's a first for me, I'm having a go at knitting an Alan Dart pattern. I still have a few more pieces of it left to make as well as putting it all together. I must admit that the sewing is already putting me off making any further progress with this one.


I absolutely love this shawl, it hangs beautifully and just needs blocking to open it all up. The problem is I don't have a blocking mat big enough to take it and it will have to be steamed which I'm very nervous about doing in case I ruin it. So there's some ingenuity and courage required to get this one complete. Given that it's Spring and we will be moving towards Summer soon there's not really much incentive to get this done at the moment but you never know.


Phew, now I've caught up to things that I started to make this year. Firstly I found a pattern which uses beads that caught my eye and I'm absolutely loving working with them. I thought bead work would be difficult because I didn't realise that you simply add them all first and then pick them up as you are going along. I'll certainly be choosing to work with beads again.


Then there's the cushion that I referred to in my last post. It's still not finished but I've managed to hand sew two sides of the backing on to it. Then I stopped because I think that it really does need some sort of fastening. I have poppers but I didn't realise that you need a special tool to add them so I've bought buttons instead.


My Moon Blossom blanket is really coming along and I have somebody in mind to gift it to so I'd better get a move on.


I started making these little flowers in March, inspired by the first daisies of the year. I know that they don't really look anything like daisies, do they, they look more like sweeties.


On the cross stitch front, I haven't started anything new this year and I have made lots of progress since I last posted about Pooh's Group Hug. This picture shows some of it.


Finally, having said earlier this month that I wouldn't start on anything new until some of my older WIPs are complete, I've started to make a couple more things. I haven't got a picture of one of them but here's the latest which I started to make yesterday.


I'm not sure what it's going to be yet but I quite like the limited colour palette and the texture created by the bulky, variegated yarn. It's quite a different approach for me.

So although the plan was to finish the cushion, I suspect that I'll be picking up my hook and working more on this blue/chocolately thing in the near future.

I will finish something eventually...

2 comments:

  1. Love how your frida is going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sometimes I like it and other times I think that I'm not really sure about it at all. But I definitely love the pattern :-)

      Delete