Monday, 13 March 2017

Hooking a Rug

I was really pleased with myself this morning as I finished binding a latch hook rug which has taken me about three and a half years to make, yes that long.


The Forever Friends rug came in the form of a kit which was donated to me by somebody who hadn't even opened it. It contained everything that was required to make it, including a big colour chart showing the 11, 250 stitches in the pattern.


Part of the reason why it took me so long to make was that it kept getting tidied up and put in a cupboard to keep it out of the way and of course, out of sight, out of mind, and then I got distracted with making other things instead.


I pulled it back out of the cupboard just over half made in the Autumn of last year and with renewed enthusiasm I decided that this time it was going to get done.


Once hooked I hadn't got a clue about how to finish off the edges so I searched online and found this demonstration on You Tube by UtterlyHookedDesigns.
 

I could only get 1 1/2 inch binding tape but it's done the job well enough to cover the edges which I've securely sewn in by hand.


So now I can put the rug back in the cupboard until I next visit little miss G who has already claimed it. It's nice to know that it's going to an appreciative home.

2 comments: