Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Medieval Heart

A while ago I was given an unfinished, old filet crochet table cloth and it captured my interest enough to look at this method of crochet online. I found a free pattern for a Medieval Heart and had a go at making one. Whilst the pattern itself is easy, I found it a bit fiddly because the cotton kept slipping from my grip. User error I know, nothing to do with the pattern.


I added a simple edge, which I made up as I went along, and I was going to turn it in to a small cushion. The plan was to try to stitch the heart on to some material and embroider around it, then crochet a lacy border around the edge of that. Since I haven't got around to making this happen, I've brought the heart out of hiding and it'll do as a doily type of thing somewhere at home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment