Thursday, 4 February 2016

Yummy Yarn

Whilst working on my first pair of socks last month I bought some more sock yarn and a book which I wouldn't let myself get previously until I could handle basic socks.


This is Knit Picks Stroll Tonal which I got from Knit Picks UK. I thought it looked lovely on the website but it's even more gorgeous in real life!


If I don't have any problems washing it then I'm sure I'll buy plenty more of this stuff.


I only came across it because I was looking for a substitute for a yarn used in the book which I believe is no longer available.


I've chosen four shades to start with, Seashell, Blue Violet, High Tea and Deep Waters and there are plenty more lovely colours to chose from.


I also bought some Schachenmay Regia Design Line by Arne & Carlos from Wool Warehouse.


This yarn was inspired by Norwegian patterns and culture but to my British eye it knits up in a magical way like Fair Isle.


I've gone for three shades because I just couldn't decide which one I wanted - Twilight (above), Summer Night (next picture) and...


...Star Night (below).


The last yarn that I chose is Rico Superba Circus which I also got from Wool Warehouse in a shade called Fuchsia Mix. There are some other shades that I'd like to buy too but I'm going to see how I get on with this one first.


The book which I wouldn't let myself get until now is called Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carol J Sulcoski. It has absolutely gorgeous patterns and yarn in it but I think that I'll find most of them a little advanced for me at the moment. For the time being I'm sticking with basic socks for a few more pairs whilst I dream of making one of Carol's creations.

4 comments:

  1. I bought some of the Hand Painted Stroll and it makes up beautifully. Your socks will be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad to hear it knits up well.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours! Your feet will be very well dresses:)
    Any new progress on the granny chair?
    Happy Days,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope my feet will be warm too. Granny chair? You've lost me I'm afraid (confused face). Unless it's the rocking one outside on the veranda :)

      Delete