Thursday, 28 May 2015

More May Blooms

I can't believe how quickly times passes by as yet another month has nearly been and gone.  I think that May has been quite cold this year but the cooler temperature hasn't stopped the plant world from continuing to put on a beautiful show. These blue geraniums have grown from under the fence next door and they're very welcome here.


I think that this shrub is called weigela and although it's not very interesting to look at for most of the year, when it blooms it's absolutely stunning.


Although I can't remember what this plant's name is, it reminds me of a thistle without the prickly bits.


Our purple geranium is lovely and has self-seeded in different places around the garden, providing really good ground cover. I love the darker shade of the pattern which looks like it's been drawn on to the petals. Without it, the flowers would be quite dull to look at.


Some more aquilegias have popped up in our garden this year including this lovely raspberry colour...


...and a solid blue...


...as well as a lovely delicate shade of pale pink.  I wonder what colours and shapes will pop up next year?


Farewell spring 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely - I'm still enjoying the spring bloom in mine too - spring last a bit longer where I live, as it's high up and a bit cooler. Love your aquilegias - I've got a purple one and a beautiful pale yellow one with giant flowers! I think I'll take a bit of inspiration from you and put a few garden pics on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'd love to see what's going on elsewhere in spring, especially your giant yellow aquilegia. I've added pictures to my blog for the past couple of months because I thought it might be nice to be able to look back later in the year and really appreciate just how much the seasons change.

      Delete