Saturday, 14 March 2015

Spring Grannies/Colour Riot Update

My Spring Grannies have multiplied since the beginning of the month from fifty to seventy squares and I have decided to rename the end result my Spring Colour Riot Blanket.

By last weekend I could not decide what to do next - make more squares or add a round of cream to each square that I'd already made? So I left it alone for a couple of days whilst the thoughts went around in my head.

By Tuesday I'd decided not to make any more squares and spent hours shuffling those I'd made around on a table, trying to ensure that I spread the colours out evenly throughout the blanket. I also tried to ensure that I did not place any square next to others with the same colour in the same place.


I then began to join the squares by double crocheting them together in cream.


I have since started to add rounds of granny trebles as part of the edging.


I'm not sure how many colours I will use or how deep I will make it yet.


I must dig out my Edie Eckman Around The Corner Crochet Borders book and start to look for a proper border to finish it all off.

Find the Grannying Backwards update here and the Chicken or Egg update here.

5 comments:

  1. I've been loving this over on Cherry Heart's Ravelry group, and had to take a look over here! I really love those colours, and I think you made the perfect decision for how to join your squares. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see how what border you choose and how it looks all finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm looking forward to finishing going around and around in granny trebles so that I can move on to the final border. I've got a short list of three different patterns and haven't yet decided which one to use.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I just saw your blanket over on Sandra cherry heart's instagram, the colours made my heart skippy :-) well done! Do you mind me asking what yarn you used? Thank you for reminding me that I'd like to ask for the border book for my birthday. Now I just need to work out how to vote for your blanket! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's Style craft Special DK which I chose because it comes in about 70 different colours. It is fairly inexpensive too compared with other yarns.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, I thought I recognised a few colours! I voted for your blanket :-) it looks as though lots of other people love it too. Good luck!

      Delete