Sunday, 29 March 2015

British Summer Time

To celebrate the arrival of British Summer Time how about a bit of Great British bunting!


The pattern comes from Granny Square Crochet by Catherine Hirst. I made fifteen pieces of bunting, changing the order of the red, white and blue three times so that I had five triangles of each set of colours.


I particularly like the edging that Catherine has added to each piece of bunting, it's much prettier than other bunting patterns that I've seen. The bunting is strung together with a chain string in the pattern.  I added three rounds of double crochet to it to make it more sturdy.


Let's hope that we don't have a wellies and brollies British Summer Time this year and that there are plenty of sunny days ahead.


Made with a 3 mm hook and some yarn that I've had a while which I think is Stylecraft 4 ply in Aster, Raspberry and White.

No comments:

Post a Comment